Saturday, March 22, 2014

Post and pre workout meals

What to eat before a workout??

What to eat after???

These are all questions I get asked a lot. Here is my personal answer to these.


I usually go to the gym in the morning not long after I wake up so my pre-workout meal is my breakfast. Lately I've been having a bowl of granola and yogurt with a piece of fruit. Other times it will be a bowl of cereal with almond milk and yes again a fruit.
 


If you are in a rush before a workout, you want to carb up and fuel your body. I tend to go for a fruit smoothie at least one hour before a workout. eating to fast, too soon before the gym is not fun...

By the time i'm done with my workout it's close to lunch time so I just end up wanting a full meal. I do make sure I get a good amount of protein in there.I could have some chicken breast with a salad or ground turkey with onion and Brussels sprouts both of which i'll have with 1/2 cup of brown rice or quinoa.

 

If i'm ahead of lunch time or not ready to eat a full meal i'll have a protein shake with almond milk or if I've been good all week I'll drop by the Hyperforme and grab a small strawberry shake. They are so yummy but pack a 300 calorie count for the small, 500 for a medium and 1000!!!! calories for a large, so I won't get one too often.

I'm also in love with Quest bars! They are simply to die for and are great for on the go. They are yummiest if you put them in the microwave for 20 seconds to get them warm and gooey! I'll be posting a blog entry about all the protein products I have and love soon! stay posted!



Well, there it is. A few ideas for a pre and post workout meal.






No comments:

Post a Comment